Makes enough dough for 2 medium pizzas
4 Cups flour
1 Tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 package dry instant yeast
~1 1/2 cups hot water (check yeast packaging for correct temperature)
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast. Mix well
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Start to slowly add water, mixing or kneading in thoroughly to keep the dough from clumping up or getting too sticky.
- Keep adding water and kneading it in until the dough becomes waxy and just a little sticky. The dough should not be wet, but not so dry that it doesnt stick to your fingers
- Drizzle olive oil around the inside of your mixing bowl and place the dough, covered, in a warm place to rise for ~1hr
- The dough should be about 2x as large now. Split in half and roll out with a dough roller. Cover your hands, the roller, and your pizza tray in a little extra flour to help with the rolling process. Spread thin for crispier crust
- Bake pizzas at >400degress F for 12-15min, on a stone or ported pizza tray. Non-ported aluminum trays may take longer for the dough to cook through.